The Liebster Blog Award is typically given to blogs that have fewer than 300 followers and is an opportunity for people to learn a little bit more about these blogs. So here it goes 🙂
Here are the rules:
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
- Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers. You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.
- Go to their blog and tell them that they have been nominated!
11 Facts about me
- I have a master’s degree in Counseling Psychology and a post graduate certificate in Parent Coaching but no longer work as a therapist.
- I have been married to the greatest guy for almost 16 years.
- I am a homeschool mom to three (ages 15, and soon to be 13 & soon to be 11)
- I have no idea how I came to be a mother to kids who are so old! That amazes me daily!
- I teach Spanish at our Academic Homeschool Co-op.
- I serve as the Family Ministry Director at my church. Basically, I run the children’s and youth ministries.
- I am an animal lover. Currently we have 3 dogs (a beagle, a shih tzu and a maltese) and a leopard gecko in the house. I recently lost my 18 year old and 20 year old cats and really miss their purrs.
- I am attempting to write my first full length novel. It is slow going since I don’t have a lot of time to write, but I am really enjoying the escape into my own imagination.
- I’m a vegetarian. I really should be vegan (as I have a dairy and egg allergy) but my addiction to cheese and chocolate make it hard for me to remain vegan long.
- I love to cook and try new dishes. Being a foodie with an obsession for books means I have more cookbooks than any one person should have.
- I hate to be cold! But I live in the Midwest and am married to a man who loves winter. No matter where we live, one of us will hate the weather.
11 Questions from Amandas Nose in a Book:
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging on a whim actually. My oldest son is taking a blogging class this year and started a WordPress blog. He encouraged me to start this one! He blogs at List, Review, and Talk
- What is the first book you can honestly say that you fell in love with? The first book I ever read over and over again was Charlotte’s Web. I was in first grade and was simply amazed with the fact that I could read and I preceded to read it to anyone who would listen to me. Next were the Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis. What’s not to love?
- Other than reading and blogging, what are your hobbies? I enjoy knitting and crocheting. Socks are my favorite thing to knit!
- What are your guilty pleasures (books/tv shows/movies)? TV in general is probably my guilty pleasure. My husband and I like shows like “The Following” and “Hannibal.” My daughter and I are Whovians.
- If you could switch places with any fictional character, who would you choose? Hermione Granger. I would love to go to Hogwarts! And she kind of reminds me of me. Always with her nose in a book.
- Do you have any other blogs? If so, what do you blog about? If not, what would you blog about if you had another one? Not right now I don’t. Years ago I had a knitting blog and when I was practicing counselor/parent coach, I started a parenting blog. I only posted a couple times. I’m not sure what I would blog about now other than books.
- What are your top 3 favorite television shows of all time? OF ALL TIME! I have no idea. I don’t watch a ton of TV. I never missed an episode of LOST. My husband and I also loved 24. We will probably get into watching it again this summer. My daughter and I LOVE Dr. Who!
- If you won a free vacation to any place of your choosing, where would you go? After the winter we have had in the Midwest, I would go ANYWHERE warm. Although I did spend my senior year of college in Seville, Spain and would love to go back with my husband.
- If you could only bring 3 books with you on that vacation, which ones would you choose? No fair choosing. I’m taking my tablet loaded with my Nook and Kindle apps!
- Who is your favorite band or singer? These questions are always hard for me. Favorite singers, favorite books, favorite foods. My favorites of anything tend to change with my whim. What is my favorite one day I may be tired of the next. My husband hates this about me. 😉
- Why do you think they want us to ask an odd number of questions? No idea.
Questions from Monique @ Something to Browse:
- Who is your favorite author? This answer changes often. (See my answer to Amanda’s question #10) Lately I enjoy reading anything by Sarah Addison Allen and Lauren Oliver. I also love Francine Rivers.
- Are you an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert? I’m an ambivert. I really need balanced time with people as well as time to myself.
- How many books do you have in your TBR pile? My TBR pile changes daily! Too many to count!
- Why did you decide to become a book blogger? Really on a whim. My 15 year old son got me started blogging and books are something I love to talk about.
- Besides reading and blogging, what are some of your favorite things to do in your spare time? I enjoy knitting and crocheting.
- If you could choose a fictional character to be your best friend, who would you choose, and why? Probably the main character in the story I am currently writing! I know you don’t know her (yet) but I just love her!
- Do you play any type of sports? If so, which ones? Nope.
- Are there any books that you regret reading? Not really. If I don’t like a book, I simply stop reading. Life is too short and there are too many good books to be read.
- What’s your favorite type of food? I love Thai Curry! Yum! Best part is my husband can’t eat spicy so he never picks off my plate!
- This is my favorite question to ask. Out of all the books you’ve ever read, what three books would you most recommend? This is so hard. There are so many good books; I can never seem to answer these questions. Harry Potter would definitely be on the list.
Questions from Jess @ Jess Time to Read
- Who would be one author you would love to have lunch with? JK Rowlings. I think her rags to riches story is as interesting as her books. Going from writing long hand in a café as a single welfare mom, to cranking out a series like Harry Potter.
- What is the saddest book you have ever read? I know I have read many, but the first on that comes to mind is My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picolt. I remember just ugly crying at more than one part of this novel.
- What do you enjoy best about blogging? I haven’t been doing it long but it has been fun to meet and interact with other book lovers. I have also become interested in books, I probably wouldn’t have picked up on my own.
- IF you could have one super power, what would it be? Would cloning myself be a super power? That way I could do all the stuff I’m responsible for doing, like cleaning the house, and work, etc and still have time for the stuff I want to do.
- If you were stranded on an island and could only take three items with you, what would those items be? Can one be my husband? I’d get lonely otherwise and I’d need someone to do the heavy lifting 😉
- What is your favorite hobby? Popular question, knitting and crocheting.
- What is your favorite all time movie? Another tough one.
- If you could be part of a story, what one would you choose? I’d love to visit Hogwarts! Especially if I could be a Griffindor!
- Where is your favorite place to read? In the winter, I love reading near my fireplace with a snuggly blanket and a hot tea. In the summer, I love reading on my back deck with a glass of Pinot Grigio!
- What is your favorite kind of animal? The kind that lives in my house! I love animals and currently am a pet mom to two dogs and a gecko and a foster mom to a rescued maltese. I lost my 18 year old cat to cancer two years ago and my 20 year old cat to kidney disease just a couple months ago. Picking a favorite animal is like picking a favorite kid. Can’t be done.
- What is your favorite series? Probably Harry Potter. Not only did it bring me, as an adult, back to reading children’s and young adult books, but it reintroduced magic into my reading. And I loved sharing them with my kids. Together we have read and listened to the series many times.
Questions for the bloggers
- How did you get started blogging?
- How did you choose your blog’s name?
- What do you do when you aren’t blogging? Work? Hobbies?
- Where is your favorite vacation spot and why?
- How about a fictional place to vacation?
- Who is your favorite fictional character?
- What’s your favorite food? I mean you could eat it every day, you would be in heaven!
- What is your dream job?
- What are three things you can’t live without?
- What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
- What’s your secret talent?
Nadia @ Nadia Reads
Alice @ The YA Buzz
Jenn @ Tale of Two Doxies
Amanda @ Escaping Reality within Pages
Jode @ Bits & Bobs
Michelle @ Book Hangovers Blabs Books
And because he is my son (nepotism) Nathan @ List, Review, and Talk